Research study – Participants required
I am co-supervising a UCL MSc project investigating professionals’ experiences of working with clients with Functional neurological Disorder (FND) and their perspectives of the potential role of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR), and psychological therapy, in treating patients with FND.
The project aims to:
- explore clinician’s experiences of and views about the potential use of EMDR, and psychological therapies, to treat patients with FND.
- explore clinician’s perspectives on potential facilitators and barriers to including this intervention within the NHS.
- explore clinician’s experiences of and views about working with clients with FND
We are looking to recruit up to 15 UK-based clinicians in the field of either:
- FND (neurologists, psychiatrists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists) (no knowledge of EMDR needed to take part) or
- EMDR therapists who have had experience of working with at least one patient presenting with FND.
We will be conducting remote individual semi-structured interviews, which will last around 30 minutes.
If you are potentially interested in taking part and would like a copy of the participant information sheet, please email email@example.com
Please also forward this invitation to any colleagues you think may be interested in taking part.
Please note, your decision to participate in this research study or not is entirely voluntary. Individual participation decisions will be kept confidential. This research has been reviewed and approved by the UCL Research Ethics Committee, ethics ID number: 25803.001
Dr Sarah Cope, Principal Clinical Psychologist
EMDR Upcoming Events